In late December I tried making some infrastructure changes to my blog, which is hosted on Microsoft Azure, and managed to hose the whole thing. Because I’m a devotee of doing things the long way, I spent the next two months learning about Docker containers and command line tools only to discover that Docker wasn’t my problem at all. There was something wrong with the way I’d configured my Linux VM and something to do with a button I’d pressed without looking at the warnings as closely as they warranted.
Long story short, I finally just blew away that VM and slowly reconstructed my blog from post fragments and backups I found on various machines around the house.
I still need to go through and reconstruct the WordPress categories. For now, though, I will take a moment to pause and reflect on the folly of my technical ways.