I’d previously posted about some questions I’d like to ask the Presidential candidates. The thing is, the questions I’m most interested in aren’t particularly useful to anyone but another geek. Slashdot has certainly made an effort to pose questions of interest to the sci-fi reading, Scientific American subscribing, computer literate types, but they tend to fall short of being truly interesting — instead they simply cover mundane subjects like the teaching of evolution, global warming and Mars colonization. Yawn.
Here are the truly geeky questions that should never be answered by anyone seeking higher office and probably should never be asked, but which I find inherently fascinating:
1. If you knew that a deadly AI like Skynet were to emerge in the year 2013 and attempt to enslave mankind, what steps would you take, as President of the United States, to prevent this?
2. If you were the leader of the last 50,000 or so humans who have survived a Cylon attack on the home colonies, would you suspend habeas corpus in order to preserve the fleet? What advice would you give to President Laura Roslin in a situation like that?
3. As President, would you consider opening up an X Files type section of the FBI? And would you agree that the show jumped the shark in the last three seasons?
4. Before shoring up Social Security or trying to keep the Medicare program solvent, don’t you think something should be done to prepare the American people for the coming Singularity?
5. Would your counterpart in the Mirror Universe wear a goatee, and what sort of president would he be?
6. As President of the United States, you will have access to the secret files of the FBI, the CIA, and several black agencies none of us no anything about. What question would you want to have answered first? — Who shot JFK? What really happened at Roswell? What was kept inside of Area 51? Something else?
7. As President of the United States, you would find out almost immediately if the U.S. government has been in contact with alien civilizations or, say, has a Star Gate that can transport people to alien worlds. Will you commit, now, to telling us if any of it is true as soon as you find out?
8. What Jedi power would you most like to have, and what steps would you take to avoid going over to the darkside?
9. Should the United States have a plan in place in case of mass Zombification?
10. Do you support working towards the colonization of Mars?